Thursday, August 27, 2009

This Chaps My A$$

I learned something today that seriously distresses me. People with jobs have to submit to drug screening at regular intervals (or random intervals). So do people who are applying for jobs, and if they fail, they either lose the current job or lose the opportunity to have valid employment. I understand that and I have no problem with that. To this day, I have never failed a drug test and am very proud of that.

The fact that distresses me is people who are receiving public assistance do NOT have to pass a drug test! First of all, let me clarify that not ALL people receiving assistance are deadbeats, lazy, incompetent morons. There is a percentage of people who legitimately need help to get through the rough times in life. I've been there, I know. It was a very, very long time ago and it was for a short time only. But I'm speaking of the people who decide to make this a "lifestyle" and think it's a right owed to them to be able to sit on their asses all day long, doing drugs, being a drag on society and sucking the funds out of the system that could be used by legitimate families. You know the ones. They sit around whining and complaining about how "the system" screwed them, they have no education of which to speak and they don't even try to find a job. They scream poverty at every step, yet drive luxury or tricked out cars. Does this make sense to you?

It's time to speak up and let our lawmakers hear our outrage at this blatant abuse of the system. I had no idea this situation had been going on for years and years. It's insane! There is no incentive to grow up, take responsibility for your circumstances, get a job, get an education and take care of your family. There needs to be some structure or a checks and balances system to keep this from recurring for the next 100 years.

I, for one, have written letters, e-mails and made phone calls to our local lawmakers and congressmen to let them know that I do not approve of this blatant abuse of the system. There are so many families that desperately need help now and to see others taking advantage and getting away with it really chaps my ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment