Thursday, September 3, 2009

It Hurts So Good

Holy Crap! I can't believe I hurt this much...what the hell?! Let me start from the beginning...I'm an over-achiever. I'm also anal-retentive, obsessive-compulsive, a perfectionista and I hate to lose. Those are some of my more endearing qualities too. Those of you who know me are probably losing control of your bodily functions reading this. It's an understatement, for sure.

Monday started out as a great day. I religiously did my workout (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays) with my favorite dvd, in the comfort of my own home. I'll be damned if anyone outside of my home is going to see me in spandex or exercising with no shorts at all. Anyway...the workout went well. Afterward I was feeling extra froggy and decided to finally cut the grass at my house and my neighbors' house next door. They are elderly, so I do it for them all the time.

The forecast was calling for possible rain sprinkles, so I checked the radar before venturing outside. The radar was clear with the exception of a small spot miles west. Just my luck, I got a quarter of the way done with my lawn and it started to rain. Not sprinkle like the weatherman said, but a steady rain. Dammit! I get so angry when I can't finish a project I set out to do. It pisses me off to no end. I waited for about 20 minutes under the back of my camper shell in my truck for the rain to stop. Yeah...right. I gave up, went inside and took a shower.

Tuesday morning looked promising for finishing the lawn chores and yard cleanup. I got all psyched up to finish this project. Stupid me forgot that the town I live in turns into a swamp after ANY rain. That's what the town name means in Native American - swamp. No, I shit you not.

Five hours later - yes FIVE hours later, I finally finished fighting with the wet grass, dead tree limbs, underground bees nest (surprise!), mole holes and called it a day. I hadn't eaten anything and was starving. I was also tired as hell and was starting to get sore from having to fight with the push mower all day. See I forgot to replace the drive belt on my tractor, so I was forced to cut the grass with a push mower. That'll teach me to procrastinate.

Once I got out of the shower, the pain from hell set in. Now don't get me wrong, I'm no creampuff. I live with pain on a daily basis (thanks to my ex-boyfriend/stalker who repeatedly kicked the shit out of me) and function fairly well without complaining. All bets were off - I could barely move.

Today's Thursday and I'm still sore as hell. Yesterday I thought I was going to die. I swear I wanted to file a hit and run report on the truck that ran my little ass over and left like a scalded dog! All I can do is grit my teeth, smile and say "oh yea, bring on the pain. It hurts sooooo good". Yesssss, please pass the icepacks and my meds. I've got more work to do and can't stop now!

Stubborn...who...me? You bet your ass! I didn't get to where I am in life by lying down and playing dead, or whining, complaining, bitching, pissing, moaning about how unfair life is. Like I always say, suck it up and move on!

No comments:

Post a Comment